Saturday, May 23, 2009

Earthly Treasures

Once again Friday I was faced with the dreaded "Estate Sale Dilemma." Both sales started at 9:00 am and sounded like they had great stuff. Do you pick the one closest...the farthest....the one with the most items listed in the add? But this beautiful Friday morning I picked the WINNER!


I found this darling, vintage, singing, camping, cowboy wall art. (I know, a few too many adjectives but I don't know what else to call it) This was especially fun to find because it will go nicely with the cowboy headboard that will be for sale in our booth at The Farm Chicks Show.



I was pleasantly surprised to find this beautiful handmade quilt front. Someone went to a lot of work and never finished it. This was one of those sales that causes you to gasp every time you enter a new room or open a closet. I found a sweet tablecloth hanging in the bedroom closet that was covered in pink roses but when I got home, surprise...there were actually three tablecloths!



I also found some nice bling and a few pairs of great earrings to take apart and turn into magnets. But, the best thing I found was this scripture stuck in the bottom of the red floral waste basket. Thanks for reminding me Lord that you are preparing a place for me! I hope it is filled with junk! Sweet Holy junk of course, because I'm sure there will be no junk in heaven.



The pile of sparkly jewelry also reminded me that I need to make sure that I am storing up for myself treasures in heaven. That while going to estate sales and finding earthly treasures is fun, my real treasure is Jesus Christ himself. Matthew 6:19-21


Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment