Saturday, March 20, 2010

Book Review

I just finished House Rules this morning. Another great read from Jodi Picoult. Very thought provoking insight into the world of Asperger's.

I also finished, a while back, The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. This book was a real eye opener into the relationships between white southern women and their black maids in the 60's. It was written beautifully and was one of those books that you hated to see end.

I also recently finished Pearl S. Buck's, Imperial Woman. If you have never read anything by Pearl S. Buck you are truly missing out. Start with, The Good Earth, my personal favorite, and you will want to read all of her books.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book info. I have been looking for a couple of good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy
    happy to read your review of Jodi's newest. I just finished mine and loved it. Reviews were not what I had hoped for for her this time around. But they were dead wrong. Have to check out the maid and Southern woman books, sounds great! later,Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. My business partner Jeanne's great grandmother was roomates with Pearl Buck. Jeanne's great grandmother was one of the first women to graduate from medical school. She was a quaker and went to China to be a missionary medical doctor. It is an amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, We seem to have the same taste in books. I just finished The Help and am now reading House Rules. I will check out the other books that you suggested too.
    I love you blog and will be back.

    ReplyDelete