Thursday, July 16, 2009

4th Celebration

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love watching fireworks and I am grateful for the freedom that comes with being an American. I also, as a Christian, am forever grateful for my freedom in Christ through his sacrifice on the cross. I love this photo of my husband praying at our 4th party thanking God for our freedom and for the blessings that we as Americans enjoy daily. I don't want to ever take for granted that my life is so much easier, more comfortable, and enjoyable than so many people around the world.

We set up tables with plastic swimming pools full of ice for all the wonderful food that arrives with our guests. Just another example of the blessing of being an American, the abundance of food.

The highlight of our 4th party for most of the kids is this amazing slip & slide. Built with hay bales, sand, and vinyl billboard signs, it just doesn't get much better than this for cooling of on a hot summer day!








Many of our guests had fun posing for photos in these frames painted red, white, and blue.





Last year we added snow cones for the kids. Big hit!! A bit sticky but they get cleaned of on the slide.

Some old fashioned games for the kids.



And, this is one of my favorite parts of the party, seeing happy little faces!


No comments:

Post a Comment