Friday, December 11, 2009

Pumpkin Rolling Contest

Learning how to do a photo collage has been on my to-do list for months. With the help of Teresa over at bloomingonbainbridge and Picnik I have created my very first one. If I had known how easy it would be I would have done this long ago. Oh well, I can mark it off my list, finally (although I'm sure I have much more to learn, like sizing).  Teresa has such beautiful collages on her blog and all I had to do was ask and she kindly gave me the lowdown on collage making. Okay, so you probably couldn't care less about my photo education progress but I am thrilled! I probably won't be able to sleep tonight :)



I grew a bumper crop of pumpkins this year and as always, there comes a time when I need to get rid of them. I don't look forward to hauling them to the hill near our back yard, even if I'm using the wheelbarrow. This year though I had a brilliant idea! On Thanksgiving Day I told the kids who had gathered at our house for dinner to grab a pumpkin and head over to the hill. They each wrote their name on their pumpkin and then rolled them down the hill. Whoever's pumpkin got to the bottom first was the winner. The kids all thought it was a great idea. Not one of them asked if their was a prize for the winner which I thought was sweet. I got rid of the pumpkins with very little effort and the deer were happy that I finally let them have a feast.

THANKS AGAIN TERESA!

2 comments:

  1. A good thing to learn..I still have a ton to learn..I keep limping along! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you very sweet Blog...what a great idea about the pumpkins. I hated throwing mine in the garden bin, but it was easier after they froze in the 14' temps from the last week.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete